CareHQ virtual consultation terms and conditions
Effective date: 27 October 2020
- Here you’ll find the CareHQ virtual consultation terms and conditions. By clicking ‘I agree’ at the bottom of these terms and conditions you accept these terms and conditions.
- New Zealand law applies to these terms and conditions.
- CareHQ is a partnership between Southern Cross Health Insurance and ProCare and is a virtual consultation service that provides Kiwis with a convenient and easy to use platform for a virtual medical consultation.
- You may not sign-up for a CareHQ account on our website or app unless you are at least 16 years of age.
- You cannot book a virtual consultation with CareHQ for someone else unless you are their parent or guardian.
- You agree that all information you provide to CareHQ and any CareHQ GP will be true, accurate and correct. You will update us promptly if any of that information provided by you becomes outdated or is otherwise inaccurate as this may be relevant to the services and advice a CareHQ GP provides to you.
- You may not use the CareHQ website or app to make unauthorised or fraudulent bookings or to disrupt the ordinary use of the CareHQ website or app.
- You are responsible for all activities conducted using your CareHQ account or user details including all communication with a CareHQ GP during your virtual consultation. You must ensure that your account or user details (including any login, username, password or PIN) relating to your account are kept confidential and not disclosed to any third party. Please let us know as soon as possible if you think someone is making or might make unauthorised use of your account or user details.
- The advice given through CareHQ is provided by a New Zealand Registered Medical Practitioner. They operate under a code of ethics which is the same code of ethics as a regular GP would have if they were seeing a patient for an in-person consultation.
- A normal consultation is of ten minutes duration.
- CareHQ makes no warranties, whether express or implied, as to the content of any virtual consultation.
- You acknowledge that:
- During your virtual consultation, a CareHQ GP may be unable to provide advice to the same standard as an in-person consultation;
- During your virtual consultation, a CareHQ GP may advise they are unable to provide advice virtually for some medical conditions; and
- You may still require an in-person consultation following your virtual consultation.
- In these circumstances a CareHQ GP will recommend you see your regular GP for a physical examination or they may recommend a GP in your area. The in-person consultation will be a new consultation for which you’ll need to pay the GP directly. Please also refer to our below.
- In the event you’ve made a future booking and the CareHQ GP you’ve booked with is unable to attend the virtual consultation for any reason, we will send you an email re-assigning you a different CareHQ GP for your virtual consultation. If you wish to cancel your virtual consultation please refer to the .
- Any CareHQ GP reserves the right to discontinue the provision of advice, or the prescribing or delivery of medication to you at any time without prior notice or reason. We agree you may also change your mind and stop your virtual consultation at any time without prior notice or reason. Please also refer to our below.
- CareHQ may withdraw, suspend or discontinue any of its services to you at any time without prior notice or reason.
- CareHQ is not a pharmacy, it does not directly dispense medicines. At your virtual consultation your CareHQ GP will send your prescription to your preferred pharmacy.
- There may be some circumstances when we are unable to provide a prescription for a medication in a virtual consultation due to New Zealand law and regulations.
- If you’re overseas a CareHQ GP will be able to have a virtual consultation with you though they cannot provide overseas prescriptions. A prescription can be sent to your preferred pharmacy for you to collect when you’re back in New Zealand.
- Prior to the prescribing of some medications a CareHQ GP may require you to undergo additional testing e.g. to have your blood pressure taken or to have a blood test.
- Any product, medicine or medication that a CareHQ GP prescribes you will be solely used for your own personal use and that you will not allow any other person to take, use or have access to that medication. If medication is provided or delivered to you that you will only take that medication in conjunction with any other medication that you have already disclosed to a CareHQ GP prior to the issuing of the prescription. Before taking any medication prescribed to you, you will read all information provided to you by the CareHQ GP, the dispensing Pharmacist or by the manufacturer of the product and will follow that advice. If there is any conflict between the advice provided by a CareHQ GP and the manufacturer of the product or the pharmacist, you must contact the CareHQ GP before taking the medication.
- If while taking medication you suffer any noticeable side effects that are causing you concern, we recommend you seek advice from a health professional. That could mean re-booking an appointment with a CareHQ GP or your usual GP or pharmacist, to allow them to monitor the effect of the medications prescribed to you. For urgent care or severe side-effects, in New Zealand dial 111 and ask for an ambulance.
- Any emails or prescriptions are intended to be only read by the named recipient as they contain information which is confidential.
- You agree to have suitable quiet and private space available for your virtual consultation and to let the CareHQ GP know if your whānau are supporting you during your virtual appointment.
- To use CareHQ’s virtual consultation service on the CareHQ website or app we require access to your device’s camera and audio during your virtual consultation and you agree that the CareHQ website and app can access your camera and audio.
- You agree not to record or have another person record or take photographs of your virtual consultation without the written permission of the CareHQ GP.
- You acknowledge there could be some technical problems that may affect your virtual consultation. While we will do our best to make sure CareHQ’s services on the CareHQ website and app are available and running smoothly, we can’t guarantee that you will be able to use CareHQ’s services on the CareHQ website and app at all times, or that it will be uninterrupted or error free.
- You acknowledge that if there’s a technical problem of any kind during the virtual consultation, for example if the picture freezes or the sound stops from a poor internet connection, the CareHQ GP will be required to complete the consultation over the telephone. Your CareHQ GP will call you on the phone number you provided when you made your booking for a virtual consultation. Please also refer to our below.
- CareHQ takes every effort to use approved, secure digital services and connections and a video conferencing provider which has end to end encryption. However, you acknowledge that there is a very small risk that this could be compromised, and your personal information, including your health information, might be affected.
- CareHQ prides itself in providing accessible and affordable healthcare to its patients. Your payment card will be charged the applicable CareHQ virtual consultation fee (as set out on our website) once your virtual consultation has been completed. Patients requesting a virtual consultation via the CareHQ website or app will be presented with the applicable charges at the time of requesting an appointment booking.
- If CareHQ have reason to believe that you have used another person’s payment card, bank account or payment details without their permission or knowledge, it may disclose information relating to the transaction to that other person, law enforcement agencies or their bank.
- Please also refer to our below.
- This policy is applicable to all CareHQ virtual consultation services.
- If you’ve made a future booking:
35.1 You will receive four notifications of your virtual consultation appointment:
- Your booking confirmation (email and SMS / text confirmation);
- A reminder 24 hours before your appointment (email and SMS / text confirmation);
- Confirmation (email and SMS / text) six hours before your appointment including a link for your virtual consultation; and
- A final reminder confirmation (email and SMS / text) 15 minutes before your appointment including a link for your virtual consultation.
35.2 You will be entitled to receive a full refund if you cancel your appointment six hours or more before your appointment time. If you wish to reschedule your booking to an alternative time, you will need to cancel your booking six hours or more before your consultation time and then re-book a new appointment.
35.3 You will be charged the full consultation fee if:
- You cancel your booking within six hours of your appointment time; or
- You have made a booking but don’t turn up for your appointment.
- If you’ve booked to ‘See a GP now’:
36.1 You will receive a consultation with the next available GP so there is no time allowance for you to cancel or change your appointment. You’ll receive an email and a SMS / text message confirmation with a secure link for your consultation as soon as the next available GP has accepted the consultation.
36.2 You will not be entitled to a full refund in any circumstances unless otherwise stated in this policy and will be charged the full consultation fee if you cancel your appointment or don’t turn up for your appointment.
- Should you wish to book a new virtual consultation due to your non-attendance at your original virtual consultation, you can choose to do so, but you will have to pay the full virtual consultation fee as applicable.
- If during the course of a virtual consultation, a CareHQ GP feels that the patient needs to be seen in-person you will still be charged the full virtual consultation fee. The in-person consultation will be a new consultation for which you’ll need to pay the GP directly.
- If during the course of a virtual consultation, you change your mind and stop your virtual consultation you will still be charged the full virtual consultation fee.
- If during the course of a virtual consultation, a CareHQ GP decides to discontinue the provision of advice, or the prescribing or delivery of medication you will still be charged the full virtual consultation fee. You will not be charged any consultation fee in circumstances where a CareHQ GP has to discontinue the provision of advice, or the prescribing of delivery of medication in the event of an emergency.
- In the event that a CareHQ GP is unavailable to attend a scheduled appointment then you will not be charged any consultation fee. If you still wish to see a CareHQ GP, you will need to make a booking for a new appointment.
- In the event of a technical failure the CareHQ GP will be required to complete the consultation over the telephone. Your CareHQ GP will call you on the phone number you provided when you made your booking for a virtual consultation. You will still be charged the full virtual consultation fee.
- If you believe you are entitled to a refund, please contact us at email@example.com. Any disputes in relation to charges, payments, and refunds will be addressed by The Service Manager, CareHQ.
- Access to and use of CareHQ’s services is at your own risk. Except as expressly provided in these terms and conditions, we exclude all representations, conditions and warranties whether express or implied (by statute or otherwise) to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Subject to the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and the Fair Trading Act 1986, but otherwise to the maximum extent permitted by law, we are not liable to you for any loss or damage (whether it is direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise) arising out of, or in connection with the use of, CareHQ’s services.
- You agree to release CareHQ from any claims that you may have against CareHQ and will at all times indemnify CareHQ against all proceedings, actions, claims or demands made by any person whether for personal injury, (including death and disability) or otherwise and whether occasioned by negligence, breach of a statutory duty, tort, equity, breach of contract or otherwise suffered as a result of or in connection with you using CareHQ’s services.
- If we have reason to believe that you may have breached these terms, we may need to block or restrict your access to CareHQ’s services.
- If you have any questions, concerns or complaints in relation to CareHQ’s virtual consultation service or these terms please use the Feedback link on the CareHQ website or app or contact CareHQ by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility to use CareHQ services
Booking a virtual consultation
Suitable location and support persons
Access to your camera and audio
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Limitation of liability
Privacy and information collection
Changes to these terms
Concerns or complaints