CareHQ virtual consultation terms and conditions
Effective date: 12 April 2023
- Here you’ll find the CareHQ virtual consultation terms and conditions. By clicking ‘I agree’ at the bottom of these terms and conditions you accept these terms and conditions.
- New Zealand law applies to these terms and conditions.
- CareHQ is a partnership between Southern Cross Health Insurance and ProCare and is a virtual consultation service that provides Kiwis with a convenient and easy to use platform for a virtual medical consultation.
- You may not sign-up for a CareHQ account on our website or app unless you are at least 16 years of age.
- You cannot book a virtual consultation with CareHQ for someone else unless you are their parent or guardian.
- You agree that all information you provide to CareHQ and any CareHQ GP will be true, accurate and correct. You will update us promptly if any of that information provided by you becomes outdated or is otherwise inaccurate as this may be relevant to the services and advice a CareHQ GP provides to you.
- You may not use the CareHQ website or app to make unauthorised or fraudulent bookings or to disrupt the ordinary use of the CareHQ website or app.
- You are responsible for keeping your account secure; including activities conducted using your CareHQ account or user details, and communication with a CareHQ GP during your virtual consultation. You must ensure that your account or user details (including but not exclusive to any login, username, password, PIN or bank account) relating to your account are kept confidential and not disclosed to any third party. Please let us know as soon as possible if you think someone is making or might make unauthorised use of your account or user details.
- The advice given through CareHQ is provided by a New Zealand Registered Medical Practitioner. They operate under a code of ethics which is the same code of ethics as a regular GP would have if they were seeing a patient for an in-person consultation.
- A normal consultation is of ten minutes duration.
- CareHQ makes no warranties, whether express or implied, as to the content of any virtual consultation.
You acknowledge that:
- During your virtual consultation, a CareHQ GP may be unable to provide advice to the same standard as an in-person consultation. That is simply the reality of not meeting in person;
- During your virtual consultation, a CareHQ GP may advise they are unable to provide advice virtually for some medical conditions;
- You may still require an in-person consultation following your virtual consultation to provide better care to you; and
- You may be asked to book follow-up CareHQ GP consultations to discuss results or for further assessment or as considered appropriate by your CareHQ GP or other provider, and all subsequent consultations will be charged separately (i.e. you will have to pay additional fees).
- In these circumstances a CareHQ GP will recommend you see your regular GP for a physical examination or they may recommend a GP or other provider in your area. The in-person consultation will be a new consultation for which you’ll need to pay the GP or other provider directly. Please also refer to our below.
- In the event you’ve made a future booking and the CareHQ GP you’ve booked with is unable to attend the virtual consultation for any reason, we will send you an email re-assigning you a different CareHQ GP for your virtual consultation. If you wish to cancel your virtual consultation, please refer to the .
- Any CareHQ GP reserves the right to discontinue the provision of advice, or the prescribing or delivery of medication to you at any time without prior notice or reason. We agree you may also change your mind and stop your virtual consultation at any time without prior notice or reason. Please also refer to our below.
- CareHQ may withdraw, suspend or discontinue any of its services to you at any time without prior notice or reason.
- CareHQ is not a pharmacy, it does not directly dispense medicines. At your virtual consultation your CareHQ GP will send your prescription to your preferred pharmacy.
- There may be some circumstances when we are unable to provide a prescription for a medication in a virtual consultation due to New Zealand law and regulations.
- Depending on your condition and medication, you may need to see your enrolled GP clinic before receiving a new or repeat prescription. This will be at the clinical discretion of your CareHQ GP.
- For an ongoing stable long-term condition where it is deemed safe and appropriate to do so, a CareHQ GP may prescribe bridging scripts for repeat prescriptions. Bridging script durations are at the discretion of your CareHQ GP and may be limited to 30 days for regular medications, 90 days for contraceptive medicines, and up to 7 days for controlled drugs or drugs at risk of misuse (such as sedatives and hypnotics). Your CareHQ GP may ask you to seek review with your enrolled GP clinic at routine intervals for medication reviews.
- Prior to the prescribing of some medications a CareHQ GP may require you to undergo additional testing e.g. to have your blood pressure taken or to have a blood test.
- Where CareHQ GPs may be unable to prescribe controlled drugs, hypnotics and sedatives, or medicines that require close monitoring you may be asked you to see your usual enrolled GP clinic, as they have an ongoing relationship with you and can monitor your ongoing health needs.
- Any product, medicine or medication that a CareHQ GP prescribes you will be solely used for your own personal use and that you will not allow any other person to take, use or have access to that medication. If medication is provided or delivered to you that you will only take that medication in conjunction with any other medication that you have already disclosed to a CareHQ GP prior to the issuing of the prescription. Before taking any medication prescribed to you, you will read all information provided to you by the CareHQ GP, the dispensing Pharmacist or by the manufacturer of the product and will follow that advice. If there is any conflict between the advice provided by a CareHQ GP and the manufacturer of the product or the pharmacist, you must contact the CareHQ GP before taking the medication.
- If while taking medication you suffer any noticeable side effects that are causing you concern, we recommend you seek advice from a health professional. That could mean re-booking an appointment with a CareHQ GP or your usual GP or pharmacist, to allow them to monitor the effect of the medications prescribed to you. For urgent care or severe side-effects, in New Zealand dial 111 and ask for an ambulance.
- Any emails or prescriptions are intended to be only read by the named recipient as they contain information which is confidential.
- If your behaviour or medication request indicates you may be a drug seeker, we may share information about your drug seeking with other providers in our network and other relevant agencies.
This may include, but is not limited to:
- Other GP Practices
- Districts / Te Whatu Ora
- Ministry of Health / Health NZ
- Primary Health Organisations
- Other National Telehealth Providers
Organisations who can help include:
- Alcohol Drug Helpline http://alcoholdrughelp.org.nz/
- Alcohol Drug Helpline telephone 0800 787 797
- Free TXT adh to 234
- Narcotics Anonymous NZ – http://www.nzna.org/
- You agree to have suitable quiet and private space available for your virtual consultation and to let the CareHQ GP know if your whānau are supporting you during your virtual appointment. Moving cars and environments with open hazards such as work sites in close proximity to machinery are not suitable for conducting safe consultations. Where unsafe environments are noted by your CareHQ GP, you may be asked to rebook for a time when you can find a more suitable environment, refund in this scenario is not guaranteed.
- To use CareHQ’s virtual consultation service on the CareHQ website or app we require access to your device’s camera and audio during your virtual consultation and you agree that the CareHQ website and app can access your camera and audio.
- You agree not to record or have another person record or take photographs of your virtual consultation without the written permission of the CareHQ GP.
- You acknowledge there could be some technical problems that may affect your virtual consultation. While we will do our best to make sure CareHQ’s services on the CareHQ website and app are available and running smoothly, we can’t guarantee that you will be able to use CareHQ’s services on the CareHQ website and app at all times, or that it will be uninterrupted or error free.
- You acknowledge that if there’s a technical problem of any kind during the virtual consultation, for example if the picture freezes or the sound stops from a poor internet connection, the CareHQ GP will be required to complete the consultation over the telephone. Your CareHQ GP will call you on the phone number you provided when you made your booking for a virtual consultation. Please also refer to our below.
- CareHQ takes every effort to use approved, secure digital services and connections and a video conferencing provider which has end to end encryption. However, you acknowledge that there is a very small risk that this could be compromised, and your personal information, including your health information, might be affected.
- CareHQ prides itself in providing accessible and affordable healthcare to its patients. Your payment card will be charged the applicable CareHQ virtual consultation fee (as set out on our website) once your virtual consultation has been completed. Patients requesting a virtual consultation via the CareHQ website or app will be presented with the applicable charges at the time of requesting an appointment booking.
- If CareHQ have reason to believe that you have used another person’s payment card, bank account or payment details without their permission or knowledge, it may disclose information relating to the transaction to that other person, law enforcement agencies or their bank.
- Please also refer to our below.
- This policy is applicable to all CareHQ virtual consultation services.
If you've made a future booking
40.1 You’ll receive up to 3 notifications of your appointment: There is a link in each of the notifications where you can cancel your appointment. If you need to change your appointment, please cancel it and book a new one. The notifications include:
- Your booking confirmation (email and SMS / text confirmation)
- Confirmation (email and SMS / text) six hours before your appointment including a link for your consultation.
- A final reminder confirmation (email and SMS / text) 15 minutes before your appointment including a link for your consultation.
40.2 You will be entitled to receive a full refund if you cancel your appointment six hours or more before your appointment time. If you wish to reschedule your booking to an alternative time, you will need to cancel your booking six hours or more before your consultation time and then re-book a new appointment.
- You cancel your booking within six hours of your consultation time.
- You don’t turn up for any of your booked consultation time.
- Should you wish to book a new virtual consultation due to your non-attendance at your original virtual consultation, you can choose to do so, but you will have to pay the full virtual consultation fee as applicable.
- If during the course of a virtual consultation, a CareHQ GP feels that the patient needs to be seen in-person you will still be charged the full virtual consultation fee. The in-person consultation will be a new consultation for which you’ll need to pay the GP directly.
- If during the course of a virtual consultation, you change your mind and stop your virtual consultation you will still be charged the full virtual consultation fee.
- If during the course of a virtual consultation, a CareHQ GP decides to discontinue the provision of advice, or the prescribing or delivery of medication you will still be charged the full virtual consultation fee. You will not be charged any consultation fee in circumstances where a CareHQ GP has to discontinue the provision of advice, or the prescribing of delivery of medication in the event of an emergency.
- In the event that a CareHQ GP is unavailable to attend a scheduled appointment then you will not be charged any consultation fee. If you still wish to see a CareHQ GP, you will need to make a booking for a new appointment.
- In the event of a technical failure the CareHQ GP will be required to complete the consultation over the telephone. Your CareHQ GP will call you on the phone number you provided when you made your booking for a virtual consultation. You will still be charged the full virtual consultation fee.
- If you believe you are entitled to a refund, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any disputes in relation to charges, payments, and refunds will be addressed by The Service Manager, CareHQ.
- Access to and use of CareHQ’s services is at your own risk. Except as expressly provided in these terms and conditions, we exclude all representations, conditions and warranties whether express or implied (by statute or otherwise) to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Subject to the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and the Fair Trading Act 1986, but otherwise to the maximum extent permitted by law, we are not liable to you for any loss or damage (whether it is direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise) arising out of, or in connection with the use of, CareHQ’s services.
- You agree to release CareHQ from any claims that you may have against CareHQ and will at all times indemnify CareHQ against all proceedings, actions, claims or demands made by any person whether for personal injury, (including death and disability) or otherwise and whether occasioned by negligence, breach of a statutory duty, tort, equity, breach of contract or otherwise suffered as a result of or in connection with you using CareHQ’s services.
- If we have reason to believe that you may have breached these terms, we may need to block or restrict your access to CareHQ’s services.
- If you have any questions, concerns or complaints in relation to CareHQ’s virtual consultation service or these terms please use the Feedback link on the CareHQ website or app or contact CareHQ by sending an email to email@example.com.
Eligibility to use CareHQ services
Booking a virtual consultation
Suitable location and support persons
Access to your camera and audio
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Limitation of liability
Privacy and information collection
Changes to these terms
Concerns or complaints
CareHQ Coupons (Customer) terms and conditions
Effective date: 22 September 2021
- Thank you for using CareHQ (“our”, “we”, “us”) services.
- By participating in any promotions offered by us and availing of the Coupon discounts, you agree that you are bound by these Coupon Terms.
- You can only redeem one (1) Coupon per GP consultation.
- Coupons cannot be combined with other Coupon price reduction offers and are not valid with other promotions offered by us.
- Membership discounts may apply to you if you are a member of an organisation approved by us. Such discounts cannot be used by or assigned to other customers of CareHQ.
- Single use Coupons can only be redeemed once and Coupons shall not be refunded.
- Multi-use Coupons can be redeemed more than once in accordance with its own applicable terms.
- Coupons cannot be sold or redeemed for cash.
- In the event where your online consultation is cancelled for whatever reason, your consultation fee will be refunded to you, as per our , and a new Coupon code will be issued to you for the same value.
- If your consultation fee exceeds the value of the Coupon issued to you, you agree to pay the outstanding balance by Credit Card/Debit Card at the time of booking your consultation.
- Gift Card Coupons will expire after twelve (12) months from the date of issue and will not be extended or refunded if not used.
- No additional fees apply to the use of Coupons beyond that which is notified by us at the time of your booking.
- In the event of a dispute, over the value or use of a Coupon, we will review the circumstances leading to the dispute and will act in accordance with all applicable laws. However, we are not obliged to refund the customer, and we reserve all our rights under law until any such dispute is properly settled.
- For more information please review: General Terms and Conditions for CareHQ and Frequently Asked Questions.
Additional Notes and Disclosure