Effective date: 27 October 2020
- CareHQ is a partnership between Southern Cross Health Insurance and ProCare and is a virtual consultation service that provides Kiwis with a convenient and easy to use platform for a virtual medical consultation.
- You may not sign-up for an account on the CareHQ app unless you are at least 16 years of age.
- The CareHQ app is an Apple or Android mobile application that requires access to your device’s camera and audio during your virtual consultation and you agree that the CareHQ app can access your camera and audio.
- We can modify, suspend or discontinue all or part of the CareHQ app at any time, with or without notice, including patch updates, bug fixes, revised user interface and interactable features. We may install updates to the CareHQ app automatically to your device.
- You will not use, or submit information to, the CareHQ app that would be, or materially contribute to, a breach of law in any country.
- You agree that all information you provide will be true, accurate and correct and to update us promptly if any of that information provided by you becomes outdated or is otherwise inaccurate or misleading.
- You may not use the CareHQ app to make unauthorised or fraudulent bookings or to disrupt the ordinary use of the CareHQ app. You are responsible for all activities conducted using your account or user details. You must ensure that your account or user details (including any login, username, password or PIN) are kept confidential and not disclosed to any third party. Please let us know as soon as possible if you think someone is making or might make unauthorised use of your account or user details.
- We may run promotions through the CareHQ app. We’ll include all the important information about the promotion on the app, including any terms and conditions for that promotion.
- You acknowledge and agree that we may send you commercial electronic messages to your email address provided and send you messages via the app called push notifications regarding the CareHQ app and/or special offers or promotions which we believe you might be interested in. You may unsubscribe from such messages at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link included in any of the emails or changing the notification options on your device.
- All information, data and advice provided on the CareHQ app is provided for information purposes only. CareHQ does not warrant and accepts no liability for the accuracy, currency or completeness of information or data on, or provided by, the CareHQ app. You will not rely on, and CareHQ will not be liable for any errors or omissions in, any of the information, data and advice provided on the CareHQ app.
- While we will do our best to make sure the CareHQ app is available and running smoothly, we can’t guarantee that you will be able to use the CareHQ app at all times, or that it will be uninterrupted or error free.
- Subject to the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and the Fair Trading Act 1986, but otherwise to the maximum extent permitted by law, we are not responsible or liable for, your ability or inability to use the CareHQ app, any breach in security of your device used to access the CareHQ app, or any loss or damages (whether it is direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise) suffered by you in connection with, or arising from your use of, the CareHQ app.
- We do not make any representations or warranties (whether express or implied) about any third-party websites, applications, products and services. You maintain full responsibility for your dealings with third parties and you use of any benefit or service provided by third parties.
- You are responsible for costs associated with using the CareHQ app on your mobile device, for example, any data charges.
- All dollar figures stated on the CareHQ app (including, but not limited to, premiums and benefit limits) are in New Zealand dollars and include goods and services tax (unless otherwise stated).
- In using the health service provided through CareHQ, you have the protection of the Code of Health and Disability Services Consumers' Rights, and can also make use of the services provided by the Nationwide Health and Disability Advocacy Service.
About CareHQ and the CareHQ app
Changes to these terms
Changes to the CareHQ app
Intellectual property rights
Accuracy of information
Limitation of liability
Privacy and information collection
Concerns or complaints