Effective date: 27 October 2020
CareHQ collects and uses your personal information in various ways. In doing so CareHQ complies with its obligations under the Privacy Act 1993 (or, from 1 December 2020, the Privacy Act 2020) and the Health Information Privacy Code 1994. This policy sets out how we collect your information, how we use it and your rights in respect of your personal information.
This policy is updated from time to time and any updates will be posted on the CareHQ website and app and will apply to any collection of your personal information after the effective date specified above.
We collect personal information:
- When you sign up to use CareHQ’s services on the CareHQ website or app;
- When you enter, upload or disclose information as part of using CareHQ’s services on the CareHQ website or app; and
- Relevant to the provision of CareHQ’s services to you.
That personal information will include but not be limited to your name, gender, date of birth, contact details, and your health information.
During your consultation a CareHQ GP will record relevant information from your consultation in your notes. You don’t have to share your health information notes with your usual GP, however, withholding it may affect the quality of care you receive.
CareHQ will use your personal information only for the following purposes:
- To set up your account on the CareHQ website or app;
- To provide you with CareHQ’s services including healthcare and treatment, including referrals and any other services that may be required to meet your health needs;
- To keep a record of your healthcare and treatment;
- To keep you and others safe;
- To determine your eligibility to receive publicly funded services;
- To plan and fund health services;
- To carry out authorised market and medical research (where you give consent);
- To train healthcare professionals;
- To prepare and publish statistics (your personal information will be anonymised);
- To provide you with information (including promotional material and news) where you agree to receive such information;
- Responding to authorised requests for information;
- To improve or update CareHQ’s website and app and CareHQ’s information and services
We will only share your personal information:
- With other CareHQ employees, contractors, and third-party providers involved in your healthcare;
- With Southern Cross Health Insurance, but in that case your personal information will only be shared as non-identifiable aggregated data, to keep Southern Cross informed of the number of its members accessing CareHQ;
- Where we have your consent to do so (or consent from your representative where you are deceased or unable to exercise your rights in accordance with the Health Information Privacy Code 1994); or
- Where we are required to do so by applicable law.
Your CareHQ GP will ask you whether you would like to share your consultation notes with your regular GP. As the patient of a CareHQ GP you have the choice to:
- Give permission for the notes from the CareHQ consultation to be sent to your regular GP; or
- Not share the notes from the CareHQ consultation with your regular GP.
We use our best efforts to keep your information secure, confidential and protected. You have the right to know where your information is kept, who has access rights, and, if the system has audit log capability, who has viewed or updated your information. Your information will be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access.
Your health information is stored with a secure cloud service hosted entirely in New Zealand.
CareHQ always maintains your personal security during consultations as governed by New Zealand’s Telehealth regulations, standards and guidelines.
You may at any time request access to, or (if necessary) correction of, any personal information about you held by CareHQ by contacting email@example.com. You don’t have to explain why you’re requesting that information but may be required to provide proof of your identity. If you request a second copy of that information within 12 months, you may have to pay an administration fee. If you ask for your personal information to be corrected CareHQ should provide you with reasonable assistance. If CareHQ chooses not to change that information, you can have this noted on your file.
CareHQ is required to keep your information accurate, up-to-date and relevant for your treatment and care.
The CareHQ website and app uses both non-persistent and persistent cookies to manage visits to the site. Non-persistent cookies are temporary and are deleted when a browser session is closed and persistent cookies are used in order that third party vendors, such as Google, can serve ads based on a user's prior visits to the CareHQ website (and app).
Other than as noted above, information about a visit to the CareHQ website (and app) is not permanently stored on a visitor's personal computer.
While CareHQ recommends that you enable cookies in order to enjoy all the features of CareHQ website and app, this is entirely up to you.
CareHQ will not sell or reveal information obtained about its visitors to anyone outside of CareHQ unless:
- It is specifically authorised by the visitor;
- It is legally required to do so; or
- Such disclosure is required to protect the safety of employees, visitors, customers, or property.
During your interactions with us via the CareHQ website or CareHQ app you can supply an email address or mobile number which we will use to contact you about our service. CareHQ does not sell or rent email addresses or mobile numbers to third-party organisations.